Tuesday, March 01, 2011

day seven: deeper than most... :)

today is another short entry. :) another relaxing day at school, with coffee :) and a relaxing afternoon with krisanna at the grocery store :)

i have grown to love self check-outs. no embarrassing "i don't understand you" moments. just the food, me, and my money. :) and not just ANY food... kiwi... and carrots... and frozen pizza... and nutella... and food that my mother would be proud of! i'm determined not to gain too much weight while i'm here! :) i've been warned about the bread... but i've lived off of carbs since junior high. i'm still healthy lookin. and i'm still avoiding workouts, so my heart won't go into shock. i'll just eat my carbs, and watch krisanna work out, and enjoy the life. ;)

i was able to chat with my lovely boyfriend tonight. :) and i realized yet again how awful long distance relationships are. if you don't care about this, skip to the next paragraph now... not sure how long this could be... i just wish every couple had to do this for a chunk of longer than 2 weeks. a week is bearable, because the end is in sight. 2 weeks, tougher, because everyday is passed twice... but almost four months... most days, the end is NOWHERE to be found... for those of you who might happen to read this who are a military spouse, or have to go thru some extravagant period of time without the person you love, i DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU DO IT. i won't try to tell you i understand. i won't tell you it'll get better. i won't say, but they'll be back. i know that those things might help, but in reality, NOW is when they're gone, and NOW is the hard part. tomorrow might be easier, but they still won't be next to you for that moment. some days, it's perfectly fine. because things are going well. but then a moment comes that you want to share with them... but wait... they aren't here. yes, letters help, yes phone calls do too, yes, texting is awesome, and YES, skype is a lifesaver. BUT no form of communication can completely obliterate distance. it will always be awful. and for military spouses, you are by far the strongest people i can even think of. it amazes me that any one person (let alone someone with kids) can handle a life like that, but i am so thankful that you are willing to sacrifice for people like me who just complain about minor inconveniences... 

on to my next subject... i hate distance... but one instance where distance is the BEST thing imaginable??? God's INCREDIBLE, HOLY, PERFECT, MATCHLESS, COMPLETE, AUTHORITATIVE, PERSONAL, LIVING, POWERFUL Word to us promises that
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
   so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
   so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
As a father shows compassion to his children,
   so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him.
Psalm 103:11-13
That is distance I can live with. Our God knows what distance we can handle. And He knows what distance we will NEVER know... how far the east is from the west... from one scarred hand to the other... 

And... i'm stepping off my soapbox just in time to head to bed... i love this country, even though the distance is less than ideal... 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Distance... I know I can't compete with you on this, but I definitely agree that distance is awful. I realized that within the year before Jer and I get married we will have spent almost half the year apart! I know it does not compare to you but still isn't fun! Missing you my friend!(and Jerrod too, of course) I love hearing all about what is going on in your life. Keep it up! ;)

    ReplyDelete