Friday, March 18, 2011

days twenty-two, 23, and four-and-twenty: there's a new song in my heart...

...and new tanktops in my closet. it's been a few days since i've updated this. i know... shocker there. :/ pardon my speech patterns and spelling, but it's 11:50 p.m. and Krisanna and i just got back from the mall! so... back to wednesday???

wednesday. not wordless, but only a few come to my mind. i went to school on wednesday and it was a good day. after school, i took my wednesday nap and waited for laura and erin to come over for dinner. this is one of the highlights of my week. good food, great fellowship, and a great ab workout from laughter! we enjoyed talking about the things God is doing and the fun things happening around us. it's neat to have such good friendships with people that have so many differences. laura and i have found that we have several similarities, like we can avoid bathrooms all day and be fine, while krisanna and erin stop around every corner and are dying if we go a block without one! however, our view of palm trees differs immensely. she sees them all the time in Cali. i LOVE them and want a garden of them...

thursday: another great day of school with a field trip to the park. :) i taught my kiddos how to play ninja and the LOVED it. while we were playing, one of the students accidentally let the ball go down the hill and wanted to go get it. i told them that i would as soon as i got out, so i got out the next round and headed for the hill. as i looked down, i could see the ball in a pile of weeds. not too far, not too treacherous (looking). i started the descent and immediately realized that all of the "weeds" were really thorn bushes. good thing i wore jeans that day or my pants would have been SHREDDED. i kept climbing down because (at this point) there was no turning back... i HAD to be the hero. so i kept going and got the ball, tossed it up and turned around. as soon as i turned around, i realized that the thorn weeds were more like quicksand and i just kept falling... soon, i was up to my armpits in thorns... all while my kids were oblivious and playing ninja... do i yell for help? ehh, there's nothing they could do but watch me embarrass myself. do i stand there and wait? probably not... i have no idea what might start nibbling at my ankles from underneath. so i look around, laugh to myself, and reach up for something to pull myself up with. i grab hold of it and start to try to climb. of course the one thing i grab had tiny thorns, and wasn't connected to ANYTHING, so i fell even further into my little hole. i giggled again and thought "if the kids ever realize i'm missing, they'll think this is HILARIOUS." but after a few minutes and a few more scrapes on my hands and arms and pant-legs, i got out. and the students first comment??? "miss roberts, we thought you went back to school! what took you so long!?!" what do i tell them?? i got lost in a jungle of thorns? i got a boo-boo on my finger and needed a band-aid? i had a lesson in humility while you played ninja? nope. i opted for "i was just taking my time." :)

friday: a gorgeous day. perfect sunshine. perfect temperature. a science test outside (that i wrote!!!). a lunch excursion with my teacher and krisanna. an afternoon walk. an afternoon nap. dinner. a movie. and a late-night trip to the mall. :) today was a great day with less than extremely entertaining stories. i'm exhausted, but yet here i am... watching the KU game online because march madness is just as exciting in portugal. is my bracket good? nope. never has been. never will be. i settle for knowing that i am AWFUL at picking teams. i think KU might just prove that even more. hahaha

so, goodnight, world. sleep sweet. or enjoy your dinner if you're in North America. i'm headed to bed soon. to rest. to prepare for another weekend of sightseeing with tour guides laura and erin. tomorrow brings... a palace. :) and babysitting. :) and lasagna!!! :)

tonight brings (probably very vivid) dreams... and about that new song in my heart??? my playlist yesterday morning consisted of these songs that the Lord knew my heart needed. maybe your heart does too. :)

Always Enough (Casting Crowns): In a dry and weary land, Lord, You are the rain. In a sea of shattered ones, Your love comes rushing in. You hold the world within Your hands and see each tear that falls. Through every fire and every storm, You're always enough, always enough.Your love is peace to the broken, faith for the widow, hope for the orphan, strength for the weak. Your love is the anthem of nations, rings out through the ages and You're always enough for me. You keep my heart in perfect peace. My life is in Your hands. When confusion hides my way, You're always enough, always enough. Your love is peace to the broken, faith for the widow, hope for the orphan, strength for the weak. Your love is the anthem of nations, rings out through the ages, and You're always enough

Where The Love Lasts Forever
(Hillsong): Your mercy found me upon the broken road, And lifted me beyond my failing, into Your glory. My sin and shame dissolved and now forever Yours I'll stand. In love never to end to call You more than Lord... Glorious friend. So I throw my life upon all You are 'cause I know You gave it all for me and when all else fades, my soul will dance with You, where the love lasts forever.

The Power Of The Cross: O, to see my name written in the wounds, for through Your suffering I am free. Death is crushed to death. Life is mine to live, won through Your selfless love.

God Is Our Refuge And Strength: God is our refuge and strength. A very present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear...

Something To Say (Matthew West): You've got something to say, if you're living, if you're breathing, you've got something to say. You know if your heart is beating, you've got something to say, and no one can say it like you do. God is love and love speaks through you.

I'd Rather Have Jesus/Give Me Jesus
: I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold; I’d rather be His than have riches untold; I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands, I’d rather be led by His nail pierced hand. Than to be a king of a vast domain or be held in sin’s dread sway, I’d rather have Jesus than anything this world affords today. I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause; I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause; I’d rather have Jesus than world-wide fame, I’d rather be true to His holy name. He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom; He’s sweeter than honey from out of the comb; He’s all that my hungering spirit needs, I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead. Give me Jesus, give me Jesus. You can have all this world, but give me Jesus. In the morning, when I rise... give me Jesus. When I am alone... give me Jesus.

A sermon on the Tragedy of Selfishness: that was just perfect... but i skipped it. lol

Be Thou My Vision: Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart. (that's the only part I could think about...)

The Motions (Matthew West): This might hurt, it's not safe, but I know that I've gotta make a change. I don't care if I break,  at least I'll be feeling something. 'Cause just okay is not enough help me fight through the nothingness of life. I don't wanna go through the motions, I don't wanna go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me. I don't wanna spend my whole life asking, "What if I had given everything, instead of going through the motions?" No regrets, not this time. I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind. Let Your love make me whole. I think I'm finally feeling something. 'Cause just okay is not enough help me fight through the nothingness of this life. 'Cause I don't wanna go through the motions. I don't wanna go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me. I don't wanna spend my whole life asking, "What if I had given everything, instead of going through the motions?"

new favorite song??? Blessings by Laura Story. look it up. i'm guessing it'll be a blessing to you too!



No comments:

Post a Comment