Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Thankful Thoughts of November: Day Eight

As I think back on the different things I'm thankful for, I realize there is a trend. I'm thankful for people. I don't think that is a bad thing. God created us to be relational people. And I have seen that very much in my life. I am a people person, sometimes almost to a fault.

But I have been immensely encouraged by the people in my life...
who point me to the cross.
who stop and pray for a lost soul in the middle of an evening of fellowship.
who encourage me to try new things without reservation.
who desire the things of God.
who acknowledge the goodness of our Savior in even the smallest ways.
who seek out others to make a difference.
who lead.
who encourage.
who choose to be a blessing even if it means being inconvenienced.
who become transparent for the sake of growing in grace.
who desire to learn the person of our great God.
who open their hearts and lives to "newbies" like me.
who are simply following the Lord with no abandon.

God has blessed me beyond what I could ask or think. He took this opportunity to answer a prayer I hadn't even prayed. O taste and see that the LORD is good. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment