Thursday, November 03, 2011

Thankful Thoughts: Day Two

Day two was a reminder that I am thankful for the body's ability to protect itself and heal itself. Last night, I sat outside in 37 degree weather while it was pouring down rain. I was praying that I didn't get frostbite. But, my body kept shivering. It knew I was freezing! As annoying as shivering is, my body was trying to tell me how dumb it was to be that cold! My body was telling the rational side of my brain to make wiser decisions, but the "I'm a 22-year-old who wants to watch an MLS game, so I'll be invincible for the night" side kept me outside with friends freezing royally. So yes, my body might be smarter than my mind. But how incredible is it that the God of the universe made our bodies to respond to our surroundings and protect us and prompt us to do things like bundle up and get more sleep??? Truly incredible. The human body is immaculate.

I will praise You,
because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made.
Your works are wonderful, and I know this very well.
Psalm 139:14

Here's a video that I LOVE to watch (about Laminin, some of you might have seen it...) that points everything about our body back to the Creator. :) Praise His excellent name!

freezing at the Sporting KC game

No comments:

Post a Comment