Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful Thoughts: Day Ten

The morning of the tenth of November, I found myself wanting to hop on a plane. Where I would fly to? I'd take just about anywhere... Lisbon, Salt Lake City, down south, STL, PA... seriously, if I could've, I would've hopped on a plane to go about anywhere but here. Why? Comparison. The ONLY reason. I LOVE Kansas City and I love the things and friends God has provided for me here. But I found myself thinking of a friend in Utah that I would love to see, and a friend in North Carolina that I would LOVE to just spend time with, and a friend in Pennsylvania who I could really stand to make some SWEET memories with!!! But here I am, living the life God has planned for me. I'm here, not there. And I love it here. Why do I go out of my way to make myself discontent? Good question...

Theodore Roosevelt worded it well when he said, "Comparison is the thief of joy."

Those words are so true. Today, I'm thankful for life. I'm thankful that my Savior knows what's best for me. I'm thankful that I was able to spend the day teaching kids how to read, write, and count. I'm thankful that I could spend my afternoon teaching girls the fundamentals of basketball and an example of being wholehearted about something and learning to do a certain thing well. I'm thankful for my dear friend, Laura. Thursdays are our only real day to talk, and I enjoy that. We spend our Thursday evenings playing volleyball in a rec league, then we get Sonic Slushies (lemon berry is the BEST), and we catch up on each others' life. She is truly a blessing. And she talks sense into me when I get a little gung ho about something that should just be let go of. ;) That girl is a blessing.

God is good to me.
He holds my hand.
He helps me stand.
He holds me tight.
He helps me fight.
God is GOOD to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment