Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I am [blank] because...

I am weird because...
I sleep with my hand between my face and my pillow. Without fail.
I drive with my left foot on the dash on road trips.
I can sleep with my eyes open.
I spit seeds like a man.
I can jump like an athletic man.
I could live off of potatoes. 
I would rather eat real food than dessert or candy any day.
One of my ears is bigger than the other.
I dance and sing in the car rather poorly.
I'm not very good at word games.


I am a bad friend because...
I sometimes replace meaningful conversations with plans to have a conversation.
I often find myself looking for ways to trump another's story.
I sometimes feel awkward for no reason.
I forget to return calls.
I occasionally see situations and activities as more important than people.
If I happen to have people in my trunk, I'll drive down all the brick roads.

I am a good friend because...
I am an encourager.
I believe the best about people.
I can take a joke.
I will readily acknowledge that my friends are funnier than I am.
I have an espresso machine and I'm willing to share the love.


I am sad because...
I wish I could bring all my closest friend together in a community
and we could all be neighbors and friends.
I might never meet Tim Tebow or Ryan Gosling.
I have to choose between Dark Knight Rises opening night and a Cards/Cubs game.
I have to choose between a meet and greet with Rend Collective Experiment/Tenth Avenue North and my brother's graduation from boot camp.
My parents didn't name me Julia.


I am excited because...
Life is good, exciting and keeping me on my toes.
I'm learning new things.
I'm spending Friday at Schlitterbahn!!!
I can make a meal without burning anything.
My new roommate is a ton of fun.
My life is laced with encouraging friends.
I'm headed for Colorado in just a few weeks for a dear friend's wedding.

I am me because...
I am becoming an expert on using others' creative ideas thanks to Pinterest.
I am a go-getter.
My memory is often like a steel trap.
I have my own business cards.
I don't have any sisters.
I grew up in Alton.
The first CDs I owned were Styx, Sugar Ray, Stevie Wonder and Billy Joel.
The first CD I bought for myself was N'Sync No Strings Attached.
I drum on the steering wheel, dance, and sing at the top of my lungs in the car.


I am a nerd because...
I know exactly where the epoxy glue is in the hardware store for when my car falls apart.
I used to dance to Richard Simmons in my pajamas.
I know how to change the oil in my car.
I used to read the Star Wars chapter books.
I like to analyze music chords for fun.
I can provide a detailed scoring of a baseball game.
I used to dominate at Guitar Hero.

I am learning and growing because...
I am getting ready to start my second year of teaching.
I'm learning to love reading.
I'm practicing parenthood as I'm enjoying my fifth summer nannying!
I'm involved in a small group that contains most of my closest friends since my move to KC.
I have godly friends who are the "third leg" to my spiritual walk.
I've recently taken on the responsibility of being the VBS coordinator and director.
I'm trying new things... like sightseeing, geocaching, knitting, and sewing.
I am allowing the Creator of the universe to write my story.

I am redeemed because...
Christ chose to sacrifice His life for mine.

1 comment:

  1. So... I might just have to steal this, Jess. Just fyi... :)

    ReplyDelete