Friday, June 15, 2012

summer crafts: flubber

This summer, I nanny two kids who can't seem to sit still and even a three minute car ride seemingly takes FOREVER! So, I've had to broaden my crafting horizons lately. :) Today, we made flubber. And it was a HIT! It took up about two hours of our day. :)

I found this video on YouTube that walked us through it step by step, but I'll show you a little of what I did, and how it turned out. :)

Directions:

1. In one container, add 3/4 cup water and 1 cup glue and desired food coloring.
2. In another container, dissolve 1 tsp. borax (in the laundry aisle at most stores) in 1/2 cup water.
3. Add the glue mixture to the borax mixture.
4. Mix with your hands.
5. Have a blast!!!

 Mixing up our flubber in pretty in pink! (four drops of red)
 Mixing up our flubber in Aztec blue! (four drops of blue, one drop of green)
 Feeling the goop between our fingers.
 Pink for the girls!
 You can even have fun doing it with friends!

Today's craft was a success. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment