Sunday, July 29, 2012

DIY laundry detergent

My roommate and I were approaching the bottom of our laundry detergent bottle and since we just bought it a month ago, I was thinking about making my own. Thrifty, nifty, and just totally fun. Thanks to Pinterest, I didn't have too hard of a time finding instructions for making one. I didn't do much research, but I did read the reviews for the "recipe" I found on howdoesshe.com. They were all raving, so I took their word for it.

Emily and I headed to Target to get the things we needed. In the original post, she mentioned mixing it in a five gallon bucket. Emily and I don't have space to leave that sitting around, so we got a 16-qt. Sterilite box that worked perfectly!!!

This recipe was easy to follow, and Emily and I have never liked doing laundry so much in our lives. Our apartment smells FANTASTIC and I'm starting to wash my pillowcases everyday. :) (that last one was an exaggeration...)

If you're up for trying new things, this DIY Laundry Detergent is fabulous, inexpensive, and pretty much the bomb-diggety!!!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment