Monday, January 02, 2012

a year in review...

Over the course of a year, apparently a LOT can happen. I was thinking of a good friend who at the beginning of the year had not even entertained the idea of dating her best friend of years, and now they're all married. :)

I never would've guessed what the year 2011 would actually bring. NEVER.

January. I started my student teaching at a big Christian school in DSM. My hopes were to teach at that school. God's plans are bigger. Only the beginning of an entire year of learning that!

February. Finished up student teaching in the states and boarded a plane with a friend to head o Portugal. Was SO ready for the adventure that God allowed to fall into place. Perhaps the first of many trips to a far away place? :) Who knows!!! God's plans are bigger!

March. I spent my weekends visiting the ocean, castles, and walled cities. I spent my days teaching and drinking sugar-loaded espresso. :)

April. I finished up my student teaching and made it back to the states with a now close friend and had to leave a few behind.

May. I graduated from college!!! I played piano for a wedding and was asked to play The Final Countdown for the recessional. Talk about a blast!!! I spent a couple weeks at home then traveled down to Greenville, SC for a wedding and got to catch up with a couple great friends. :) May 31, I started my new job as a nanny of a little boy who wore a top-gun jumpsuit. :)

June-July. My summer was a blur of fun and friends. I learned a lot and had NO idea how God would put it all together in my life. I wish I remember more specifics from my summer, but I just remember that it was fantastic. :)

August. The month that changed my life the most. I started out the month planning on living in DSM and subbing for the school year, and using my "free time" to plan a wedding. God knows His children SO much better. Ended up moving to KC to teach kindergarten... the "wilderness" that God was apparently leading me to. He's used August's series of events to mold my life in ways I was NOT expecting, but have grown to appreciate. His grace is something AMAZING.

September. I turned 22. I made lots of new friends and kept plugging along, learning and growing in even the hard ways. He gave grace and peace beyond measure. :)

October. I went to my first NFL game, and watched "my Chiefs" kill the Chargers. Obviously there were 30 more days of the month that I guess I just don't remember.

November. Another month of life changing and rearranging. But I love it.

December. Looking back at the last month just makes me laugh. So many funny things have happened. And someday, if those funny things turn into anything more than just "funny things," that will be a blog post for the ages... God has an amazing sense of humor (at least in my opinion) and His timing is just... ironic... :)

I'm ready to watch God put my story together one day at a time. I have NO idea how 2012 will end. I have no idea when it will end. But I know that whatever happens over the course of the year, my God is in control, and He knows me better than I even know myself... and He shows me that one step at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, my friend... I have an award for you! Come on over and get it! :)

    ReplyDelete