Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Outfit of the Day: Simple and Classy

I found this idea of sharing part of my wardrobe every now and then, and since I've found several bargains recently, I wanted to share with whoever happens to read this. :)


Here's the rundown:
1. Shirt: New York and Company (one of my new favorite stores, when their clearance deals are SWEET!) Originally: $39.95. I paid: $7.99! Versatile, classy, and I saved a whopping 80%!!! :)
2. Skirt: New York and Company. (told you it was a favorite...) Originally: $39.95. I paid: $7.99! [Warning: your luck may not be as good, because I found this buried in a clearance rack when it wasn't supposed to be! She insisted that I take it for $7.99, so I didn't argue. ;)] Again, 80% off!
3. Shoes: Target (another favorite store; if I'm ever depressed in need of therapy, a Target gift card will do the trick! lol) Originally: $18.00. After lots of patience and hoping that they went on sale, I paid: $12.00! Cute, versatile, comfy, and PEEP TOE! :) winner!!!
4. Belt: New York and Company... I told you... Skinny, violet, and crocodile print (or some exotic animal of the sort...), and adjustable! Originally: $24.95. I paid: $4.99. Wow, 80% off!
5. Necklace: New York and Company (I'm not obsessed, promise!) And don't mind the fact that it's not laying well on the shirt, I was so distracted with the marvel called "self timer" that I forgot about wardrobe malfunctions... good thing this was minor! Originally: $16.95. I paid: $2.99. OVER 80% off!
6. Ring: I don't think I want to say, but I'm sure you could guess... Originally: $16.95. I paid: $2.99.

Actual retail price (dictated in the perfect Bob Barker voice) for this easily convertible outfit: $156.75. Wowzers... I think I owe my life (savings) to whomever created clearance racks! And I paid: $38.95. Still a decent amount in my book for one outfit, but ALL of the pieces can be mixed and matched... which is one of my gifts. I go to the mall, and steal ideas from the mannequins, the West Side soccer moms, and the high-schoolers who happened to cover some skin that morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment