Friday, July 15, 2011

Shredded Pork Roast and Chickpea Carrot Salad

I happened to be watching TV at my boyfriend's parents' house last weekend and turned on the new cooking network. I watched it for a while realizing nothing else reasonably exciting was on, and let's face it, I'm the next Rachael Ray... who am I kidding!?! Anyway, this cute, young, aspiring new chef was making this shredded pork in a slow cooker! I'm a sucker for seeing food being made. So, I decided I would add it to my list of things to make this week! After turkey burgers on the grill (first attempt at grilling anything on my own... and i succeeded!), and Panera's Tomato Basil Soup, I made Slow Cooker Shredded Pork and then I made Chickpea Carrot Salad but replaced the Currants requested with raisins. I wasn't about to try it because I discovered that I despise chickpeas when I was in Portugal, but the slow cooker pork smells YUMMY! :)

Let me know if you try either recipe! I'd like to think I'm a success, but I've found that to be untrue many times before... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Do you actually have a recipe for Panera's Tomato Basil soup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can get their recipes on mypanera.com but that one's not there anymore. i saved it so i'll send it to you!

    ReplyDelete