Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Shot to the heart.

There are those days. Sometimes nights, sometimes mornings, sometimes just seconds. But they come. 


Our Sunday School women's class is going through So Long, Insecurity and it's been a HUGE encouragement. Let's just say that today, the rubber met the road. As I sit in Sunday School, I think, oh this is all going to help me out in life SO MUCH! But it wasn't until today that I really needed it. 

A dear friend of mine posted a quote from R.W. Glenn on facebook:
"I know I'm not believing the gospel when others' opinions of me make or break my day."
For me, I was that "other person" with the poor opinion of myself. I had gotten used to security in friends. Beth Moore said that "When we really try to find our security in God, our unhealthy relationships will be the ones to suffer. They will take a hit." I think I'm learning that my own deceitful, sinister, sinful heart is the most detrimental "relationship" to me. But my God loves me in spite of myself. He redeemed me, wretched heart and all. I'm learning to love the helplessness that I'm finding. The more I realize I am worthless, the more of my true worth I find in my Heavenly Father. :)


Last night, as I was perusing Pinterest, I came across this truth.


It reminded me that indeed, my God is my Strength. I saved it, and made it my wallpaper on my iPhone. Little did I know that I would need that reminder and that Strength and that Help today. He just works things out like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment