Tuesday, April 10, 2012

hidden treasure!

I was home for Spring Break this past week and was "able to attend" a small town Historical Society function with my darling grandparents. I humored them by being their "prized possession" as they paraded around saying sweet things like, "Have you met our granddaughter?" Overwhelmingly pleasant... I know.

After all the parading around, I wandered over to the silent auction and was surprised to find a few things I was interested in! I bought two kitchen design books for way cheap, and the 2011 Annual Food and Wine Cookbook for $2.00 (retailing at 32.95). STEAL! I also bought a set of four vintage, floral print goblets. LOVE THEM!

But the one thing I really had my eye on (that I kept checking back to see if anyone had outbid me for... and those elderly folks aren't as enthusiastic as I thought they would be!)... is...

 




I snagged this gorgeous serving dish for $2.00 as well. I probably could've taken it home with me for 10 cents, but I didn't want to look too frugal! ;) All I have to do now is decide what to put in it! The possibilities are endless...

Have you scored any random "hidden treasures?"

No comments:

Post a Comment