Thursday, December 01, 2011

Thankful Thoughts: summary, surprise, sunrise.

some days, this blog is just a reminder that I really can't follow through with much. One month. 30 days. 30 posts of thankfulness. I failed. Awesome. And now November is over.

I had some bright idea to share different things each day of December, but since I failed at November, I'm just not going to try for another month. lol

I'll do my best to recap the last week-and-a-half of November then get started with a new theme for a new month. :)

November. 19th. The last day I didn't blog about what I was thankful for. Between that day and today, so many little things have happened. I've shed tears, I've made new friends, I've been reacquainted with old friends, I've discovered new possible paths in the roadtrip that is my life, I've gone "home," I've come back "home," I've learned, I've lost, and I've let go.

I'm thankful for my family.
I'm thankful for the vacation that is Thanksgiving break.
I'm thankful for peace.
I'm thankful for my (no longer) little brothers.
I'm thankful for my mom and her friendship.
I'm thankful for my dad and his willingness to work hard.
I'm thankful that my Lord has NEVER given up on me.
I'm thankful that God saves us from things that aren't His best for us.
I'm thankful for hardships that turn into the sweetest of blessings.
I'm thankful for my girl friends.
I'm thankful for friends that let me be real.
I'm thankful for friends that BEG me to be real.
I'm thankful for the friends that care enough to notice my heart.
I'm thankful for my time in Portugal.
I'm thankful for my car that is currently in working order (except for that O2 sensor!)
I'm thankful that I get to watch the sun rise and set every day.
I'm thankful for Chapstick. Seriously.
I'm thankful for chocolate milk.
I'm thankful for my kindergarteners.
I'm thankful for my junior highers.
I'm thankful for my coworkers.
I'm thankful for the blessing of Christmas decorations.
I'm thankful for the hope offered to me by the life and death of Christ.
I'm thankful that this world is the most suffering I will EVER experience.
I'm thankful for a God who not only loves, but PURSUES.
I'm thankful for the chance to pour my heart into my small group girls.
I'm thankful for those who didn't give up on me when I was a teen.
I'm thankful for the surprises God gives me. :)

There are a million other things I could add to my list, but those will come as time passes.

During December, I'm going to (hopefully) share some (pinterest finds) ideas for personalized gifts and such that would be a way to encourage a friend. I wish I gave more gifts and wrote more notes. Maybe this will be the kick in the skirt that I need. :) Enjoy your holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment