Thursday, December 15, 2011

A crafty kindergarten Christmas tree. :)

Last weekend, some friends graciously gave me my first, ever Christmas tree. :) Gave! It's 4.5' tall and it's perfect. And they gave me lights to go on it. Our class had some fun making ornaments and a PAPER CHAIN to hang on it!

I had these squares cut out for another project (thanks to my Cricut), but thought they would make precious ornaments. Cut, hole punched, threaded with yarn, and graced with letters. Like everything in kindergarten should be!

This next ornament was stolen from Pinterest. Not sure if it's a flower or a snowflake, but it's perfect. Take a papertowel tube, cut it, fold it, and glue it. I also have a magnet glued onto the center of the back so it can be used after the holidays!

This wreath was another pinterest find. Cut a hole in a paper plate, and attach green pieces of paper cut in the shape of holly leaves. Then attach a pipe cleaner with which to hang it. :)

Circle puncher. Just way fun to use. So naturally, I punched holes and had the kids glue them onto a cardboard circle. Festive. Simple. Perfect. :)

Another wreath. Same basic idea, but with my beloved circles instead of holly leaves. And smaller.

Found this foam guy at JoAnn with a bunch of his tree friends, and even some snowmen, for 50% off. I grabbed a decent-sized package of each and made some ornaments out of them. All that glitters isn't gold. Some are trees!

That's what my classroom tree looks like. For my first year, I like it. :) And those lights, reason enough for me to leave the tree up year 'round. Thoughts??? ;)

1 comment: