Wednesday, February 23, 2011

day one...

Yesterday, I flew out of DSM (to O'Hare & Newark) and into Lisbon, Portugal. I would just like to say that this might just be the best thing I've decided to do and actually followed through with. I have so much to learn, and I'm excited to see what God wants to teach me. I KNOW further dependence on Him is one of the main lessons!!! 

Krisanna and I had quite the LONG trip yesterday. Our last flight landed in Portugal at midnight (our body's time) but it was 6am here in Lisbon. So... our bodies had to adjust quickly to two days in a row with virtually no sleep (other than brief naps on the planes and a quick nap at our apartment). We got ready then headed to the mall. Of course!!! :) We got lunch with the administrator's wife and then we stopped by the school. I got to meet my second half cooperating teacher and the kids in my class. They were really excited to meet me, as I was them. :) Their names will be quite the mouthful but their little smiles will be SO worth it from the get-go. Krisanna and I came back to our [plush] apartment to unpack and unwind a little. Erin and Laura (two of the teachers at GLCA) came over and brought us dinner. :) During dinner prep, we all heard a harsh ringing that would not stop. We thought maybe it was a fire alarm, but nothing was on fire. Five minutes later (after much attempt at conversation, with the landlady who doesn't know any English), we find out it was the doorbell that had gotten jammed. haha. Dinner was marvelous and the fellowship was even more so!!! The four of us have already made weekly plans, and weekend plans, and spring break travel plans (to Madrid), and shopping plans, and sightseeing plans... but ALL after I catch up on sleep. I hope to have pictures up soon, but Krisanna has some of the beginning of our trip posted. :)

God is good. His timing and situations are impeccable. Even today I was reminded that even if something happens in our lives that wasn't "supposed" to, it's God's plan. :) always!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment