Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Thankful Thoughts of November: Day One

As a trend for the month of November which serves as the carrier of the holiday that reminds us to be thankful one day of the year, I thought I would take a small effort to blog everyday about something significant in my life that I truly should thank God for more than I do.

Day one (which was yesterday) is friendships. I'm sure I'll mention this one at least once more during the month. In my last post, you saw a little glimpse into my friendships. God has truly blessed me with a group of friends that is encouraging, hilarious, easy-going, and excited to try new things (or at least include new people)! They have brightened every Tuesday night for the past couple months with their "dinner night" as we all (usually about ten of us) gather in the kitchen and take part in making dinner. This extravaganza brings laughter, occasionally some tears (from the laughter) and nerves about trying new things (for me, it's slicing bread...). But every week, we enjoy time together preparing dinner and dessert. Then, time is spent reflecting on the greatness of our God in different ways, whether it be from a sermon or a glimpse at our own lives. I truly love this group and love the time we've been able to share together.

Today (day two) will bring something else. :) And it might just be a different group of friends. ;)

Praise the Lord for His goodness in even the "small" ways. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a really great idea! You're so cutely creative! :)

    ReplyDelete