I'm pretty sure they learned at least a little from it though!
The day after we wrote those instructions, I had my kids write a set of directions on the topic of their choice. Here are some of their writings...
"How to make s'momes."
1. First you get marshmallow.
2. Second you get the gram cracker.
3. Third you get the choclet and roste the marshmallow with the thingy.
4. Then you put it together.
5. Last of all you eat it.
"How to write in print."
1. Write straight.
2. Keep writing your letters.
3. Do capitil first.
4. Then lowwercase.
5. Then you should get it.
"How to set the table."
1. Put plates on the table.
2. Put napkins next to plates.
3. Put a fork on each napkin.
4. Put on knives and spoons.
"How to play dodgeball."
1. First, put balls in the middle.
2. Second, when the teacher says go, go.
3. Third, get a ball.
4. Then, if you get hit, your out.
and my two favorites...
"How to make frends."
1. First, be nice.
2. Second, share yere toys.
3. Thrird, help them wen they need it.
4. Next, say nice thing abeat them.
5. Finally, play with them.
"How to make firends."
What is needed: niceness, kindness, playness, ask
1. First, you ask someone to be your firend.
2. Second, you have to be kind.
3. Thirdwhen it is time to play at recess, you play with them.
4. Finally, you have made a firend.
These kids sure know how to make a teacher smile. :)