Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful Thoughts: Days 15, 16, 17, AND 18.

I was asked by a friend if I was going to blog again soon, and I thought "geez, Louise! It hasn't been that long!" . . . false. It has been. I failed. Here I am, trying to make up for lost time.

Tuesday (the 15th): This was such a long time ago...
I'm thankful for an hour-and-a-half basketball practice. :) (better than our usual hour)
I'm thankful for my small group. Seriously, a group of the most encouraging people I know. LOVE them!
I'm thankful for preachers who have no fear to preach the Gospel.
I'm thankful for my friends, Jeremy and Emily, who were able to join me for small group.
I'm thankful for friends who can cook. Seriously. WINNER!

Wednesday (the 16th):
I'm thankful for other church families.
I'm thankful for the entertainment I experienced while I was donating plasma (included but not limited to the "I don't go to college" guy who would rather "stay home and do a bong" and the rapper across from me)
I'm thankful for the chance to share the hope of Christ with the two aforementioned "entertainers"
I'm thankful for Thanksgiving dinners... and those who can cook them well.
I'm thankful for mashed potatoes. I LOVE them.
I'm thankful for the chance to practice with the Oak Grove worship team. This was such a blessing, and a small taste of the parts of my church in Iowa that I had been missing.
I'm thankful for friends with open hearts, willing to be my friend and get to know me.

Thursday (the 17th):
I'm thankful that I did NOT consume pizza, pecans, green Kool-aid. (which I had consumed prior to the last time I had the flu)
I'm thankful that God knew I needed a break and saw fit to give me one.
I'm thankful for "unexpected" weight loss.
I'm thankful that I didn't get the flu when I was planning on traveling home.
I'm thankful for Emily and Laura who got to spend a "sick day" with me.
I'm thankful for people who look out for me.
I'm thankful that I didn't pass out or end up in the hospital.
I'm thankful for people who offer to bring me soup to make me feel better.

Friday (the 18th): Yes, it isn't even noon, but I have a feeling not much more will happen today...
I'm thankful for rest.
I'm thankful for encouragement from believers.
I'm thankful for my family.
I'm thankful for weekends.
I'm thankful for cocoa puffs.
and... I'm thankful for naps.

And I'm thankful for my "faithful followers."
(Someday, I'll have enough followers to do a give-away. Something fun. Something personalized. Something that you'll love... if I ever get followers... hahahaha)

Are you spending your days being thankful? Or are you looking past the little things?




1 comment:

  1. i love scotty!!! haha and i loved reading all you're thankful for...but i thought i would share how much i love him and this song. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete