Monday, August 08, 2011

Live to the Max: Day One

Friends, fellow bloggers, other-country-people, lend me your ears... Those of you who know me at all know that 1. I hate healthy food [with the exception of carrots and a few other things] 2. I hate working out and 3. I'm fairly competitive. I have signed up for livingsocial and recently received a 90% off deal for a fitness class. One word in this ad caught my attention... KICKBOXING. I've wanted to try kickboxing for years. This was my chance. I signed up. My class starts at 7:00 a.m. Not terrible, but not glorious either. And it's a little bit of a drive. Anyway, I signed up. Today was day one. I would post those awful pictures like on the ads and biggest loser, but NO ONE wants to see that. NO ONE. But I had the awkward please-wear-only-some-of-your-clothing picture. I had the BMI measurements (Body Mass Index). I had the weigh in. [Praise the Lord I had lost all my muscle from the last 10 years I've played volleyball that weighed me down about 20 pounds! haha] They jotted some things down. I went out to "evaluate" how much work actually has to be done so my heart can handle a walk up the stairs without going into shock! I've been told several times that I have a runner's heart. I've been told I have a runner's calves. But NEVER been told I have a runner's physique. Maybe in 40 days that will change. Too bad I didn't think of this BEFORE swimsuit season! ;)

Today, I did 75 jumping jacks, 75 sit-ups, 80 squats with weights, and 20 push-ups! And my legs turned to jello when I tried to get out of my car this afternoon. ;)

Join me on my adventure. Hopefully this will give me something to blog about since I have yet to finish a DIY project and I'm no longer a personal chef! ;)

I guarantee there will be some funny stories from this "workout challenge" I'm undertaking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment