Friday, April 27, 2012

DIY: desk makeover

I've had this desk at my parent's house for years. I decided it was about time to take care of it. :) 

Step One: Find old desk. Not too hard. When I actually got around to doing this project, I was informed that the desk is several years older than my grandparents are. I had tried to paint it back in junior high, thus the lousy paint job before! The desk started out an army green color, but I wanted it to be a fabulous grey color to match whatever decor I had. :)

Step Two: Prime. Not terribly hard. I got the primer that sticks to even glossy paint since I hate sanding. It worked wonders!!!

Step Three:  Paint. :) I found some wonderful spray paint tips over at one of my favorite blogs! I used their suggestions and they helped immensely! Overall, I think it went well, and I'm STOKED to put it in my new apartment (whether it's in my room or my roommate's... since I was given another wonderful desk the day after I finished this one! More on that later!!!)

What did I use and where did I get it?



(Soon to be replaced with a lovely knob from Hobby Lobby!)


Jess^

No comments:

Post a Comment