Monday, April 09, 2012

Chutes and Ladders.

Maybe it's because I'm a teacher. Maybe it's because I'm still a kid at heart... Either way, I feel like my life is a board game, and I feel like that an awful lot!

Today, the game happens to be Chutes and Ladders. Life is a day by day occurrence. And often, I find that there are ladders along the way. God's grace is made known in unexpected ways and takes us to unanticipated places. Then there are days that are the "chutes" in life. The days when God sends you "backwards" in a sense. To relive a trial. To relearn a lesson. To sit and watch others "prosper" while we just sit back and wonder why we have this "setback." Life is hard.

I'm finding it hard to fully realize the weight of glory. I know that once I realize even part of that, Struggles will fade, hardships will fade, trivial things won't matter like they used to. I have so many things to learn. And I often wonder when I'm gonna learn them! But that might just be why God rearranges my life. To teach me to prioritize. He rearranges my heart to make sure He is truly on the throne. He rearranges my plans to make sure I acknowledge His presence.

In the words of Audrey Assad, I'll just be restless until I rest in Him. And sometimes, ashamedly, that's the last place I run...

No comments:

Post a Comment