Tuesday, November 02, 2010

practicum...



Sunday night, I spent my late night (after church and work) realizing how insane this week would be. I tried to organize my life in small chunks so I wouldn't dread it too much. apprehension prohibits learning. and i have a lot to learn, therefore, NO room for apprehension!!! after too much stressing followed by much needed (not enough) prayer, i packed my lunch for the next morning, picked out my outfit (that ALWAYS helps) and headed to bed far too late. Monday was a long day. i left faith at 6:35 a.m. and spent my time in 3rd grade with 1 teacher, 17 desks, 12 eight-year-olds, 1 mt. dew, 0 windows, and 8 hours of observing. my mt. dew didn't last as long as i had hoped. tuesday was better, faster, and livelier. i played 6-square (4-square on speed) with the third-graders and defended them when the 6th graders came and tried to gang up on the "little kids." i felt so needed. :) those kids are great. i got to do show-n-tell with a "me-in-a-bag." that consisted of piano music, sprinkles (because i love sweets), car keys (because i love road trips), a Cardinals key chain (which rose a ruckus with a certain little cubs fan), a pink flip-flop, colored pencils (because of my affinity for coloring), and a faith volleyball shirt. :) the kids are starting to like me. playing with them at recess helped some. ;) today, i put up a bulletin board for the kids. tomorrow, i'll be teaching one lesson, two on thursday, and one on friday. it's gonna get better and crazier. all that to say... i HATE traffic at 7 in DSM. but 3 more days of learning await me at Iowa Christian. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment