Tuesday, November 09, 2010

best surprise ever. :)

my long week of practicum was capped off with work friday night. i was excited to get off early and head back to my room, clean, and have a phone date with my boyfriend. :) he had warned me that his friday night was a little busier than usual, so i decided that settling for going to bead early would be okay too. i got done working a little early and had a text from him, so i called... no answer. oh well, i headed back to my room and started cleaning. he finally texted me back and asked if i was ready for my surprise. [we decided that since we're long distance, on our month anniversaries, we'd write a letter, rather than just email or phone call, so things wouldn't get so monotonous. :) last month was a bouquet of daisies and letter to me waiting for me on my desk (with help from my roommate) and he warned that this month's special thing would be a little late. i reassured him that as long as it was from him and heartfelt, i didn't care when it came. :) little did i know how true that would be...] i texted him back and said "sure"...with no response... so i said "that meant yes"... he told me where to go to get my surprise. i figured it'd be a friend of ours with a gift he had sent, or another bouquet of flowers. :) i told him when i was there... and around the corner walks my handsome boyfriend holding a rose. :) it was dark out, and i was a little shocked... (those of you who know me well understand that i'm easily excited and tend to over-dramatize happy things...) so i should've jumped up and down and screamed and cried and laughed and hugged him, but no... i stared blankly. [good thing for him, my mom was in on the surprise and she warned him that sometimes surprises make me angry or upset rather than happy... so he was ready for anything] i couldn't quite tell if it was really him or what i should do once i realized it was. so i stared, then repeated (over and over and over again) "oh my word, oh my word" he smiled and said "i'm here." then i slowly walked over and gave him a hug. then, my quick thinking set in! he got here an hour before curfew! i had time to hang out with him. excited at my discovery, i shared it with him, only to find out that he had signed me out for the weekend (with special permission from the deans and our parents) with help from my roommate, he had rid me of work obligations (thanks to a couple friends) and he had freed up my night for sadie hawkins (rather than babysitting). so... i went back to my room and i packed my bags :)

he had been telling me every time i complained about the distance that "it would be here before i knew it" i kept saying "that's not even true." he wanted to crack so many times, but finally just asked if i trusted him. my answer was a firm yes (followed by thoughts of "but that doesn't make me believe you or make it any closer"). but he was right... it was closer than i realized. :) :) :) and i have the sweetest, most thoughtful boyfriend on the planet. :)

the weekend brought many exciting occasions such as...
watching toy story 3 (he made me promise to wait til he was home to watch it)
watching the hawkeye game (good thing they won!)
going to his family get-together
going rollerskating for sadie hawkins
taking a walk at the park
going to church together
eating (his favorite) sunday dinner with his family
going to chapel together :) haha
going grocery shopping!
feeding the ducks at hawkeye park together (HILARIOUS)
 chillin at the fincham's :)
making him a sandwich (best part of his weekend)
having a picnic at saylorville lake
watching the sunset at saylorville lake
visiting saylorville dam (one of my FAVORITE places ever)
walking around downtown DSM
eating Ben & Jerry's (best part of my weekend)
and simply just being together. <3

this past weekend was the best. simple as that. :) i need to catch up on homework that didn't get done this weekend, and i have yet to get my hair dyed. ;) 

and for those who have asked, or simply wondered...

I AM NOT ENGAGED
nor will i be anytime soon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment