Tuesday, November 30, 2010

just one more [God-ordained] day...

the countdown lessens...

days of classes (including finals) = 7

days til i move out of the dorms = 9
days til i see my BOYFRIEND = 18
days til i begin student teaching = 41
days til i [Lord-willing] fly to Portugal = 91
days til graduation = 157
days til i'm in glory with my Savior = ???????????

one thing i LOVE to do is countdown the days. i have paper-chains hanging in my room more often than not. (sometimes i forget to keep up with them, but who cares!) but on the flip-side, sometimes i forget to make the days count. i don't know what tomorrow holds. (Matthew 6:34; James 4:14) i can count down, and if the Lord doesn't change anything drastically, i'll still see my boyfriend in 18 days and i'll still graduate in 157. but what makes my days count!?! making the most of my time? yes, somewhat. making the most of my situations? yes, in a way. but honestly, it's making the most of myself by God's grace, so i can make the most of God, Himself.

Psalm 119:16
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

do i make everyday count knowing that my God formed each day that i live knowing what each day holds and expecting me to glorify Him with it? do i live today as just a means to an end? or is today the life i am given to live, to glorify my Savior with? as i realize that the end (of college) is getting closer, i'm thinking more about what i've done and what i'm doing that counts for eternity. how about you???

No comments:

Post a Comment