Friday, November 05, 2010

just another draining week...

Ps. 34:11 Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

another week is done. practicum can be added to my list of senior accomplishments. monday morning, the teachers met together for devos and we read Psalm 34 and verse eleven stuck out like none other. do i beg those younger than me to listen to me so i can teach them the fear of the Lord? that's my job, whether i'm a teacher, or just a believer. but... do i know the fear of the Lord well enough to teach it??? i have SO much to learn. i've soaked up a lot this week, but i feel like a half-empty sponge with water running off of it rather than running through it and staying. i got to teach 4 lessons this week, grade papers, take kids out for recess, take them to the bathroom, make a leaf fossil out of clay, try to figure out how to spell tepee, eat birthday cookies, read books aloud, play six-square, tell boys to quit drawing pictures of people getting blown apart, administer spelling tests, and laugh with kids. :) it was a great week!!! but it wore me out. i NEED a coffee maker before student teaching. NEED. first grade might be the death of me! lol. anyway... on to a busy weekend!
i am one step closer to Christmas. i'm wearing thin, i'm exhausted, i'm beginning to remember why i've never really liked school, i'm getting too old for this. simple as that. i want to go home. having family come to visit is WONDERFUL, but not quite the same as sitting in my own living room without a care in the world. only 5 more weeks. i have strength beyond measure because my God is all-powerful. :) He alone is good, and He alone is God.

so, my list of things to do diminishes by one:
ORALS
my online portfolio
ORALS
writing a children's book
ORALS
reading hundreds of pages for Genesis
ORALS
reading hundreds of pages for senior sem
ORALS
reading hundreds of pages for teaching language arts
ORALS
and that's all i can recall right now. 
i can't wait to sleep well tonight.
then wake up early tomorrow and get my hair dyed. :)

more than ever, i'm learning that there is JOY in serving Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. so much for getting a good night's sleep and getting your hair done! :)

    ReplyDelete