Monday, November 22, 2010

i have TIME again...

orals are OVER.
i'm finally free to do other things.
people kept telling me it would be fun once i was up there... not quite true. 
the funnest part was when dr. cole asked what my favorite Christmas carol was (leading into ANGELology)

however... i feel like my faith is stronger because of it. a friend of a friend recently said "i wouldn't consider going to a school that required that." yes, i don't think i'd ever choose a school because they had orals, but i have learned so much simply from that pressure of making me KNOW what i believe and know WHY i believe it. that being said, i'm SO glad it's over.for those who don't know, orals are a 25 minute test given by 2 professors in front of my class over things from God's Word that i've been learning for the last 3 years. a lot of pressure, and a lot of knowledge. but a lot of peace when it's over!

next on the agenda, THANKSGIVING. i'm so ready for a trip home. and much needed sleep. and maybe i'll finally get my hair done. ;) the last week has been busy with studies and sleep. that's about it. only 11 days of college classes (including finals) left. :)

in less than 2 months, i'll be in first grade at Des Moines Christian School in Urbandale, IA. i got to meet one of the kids in my class last week! i was babysitting a group of kids and he had told me that he went to DMC, sure enough... he's in my first grade class! i can't wait to spend several weeks with those kids! i have their names and special needs all written down to pray for. and i'm so excited to teach. :)
i'm also excited to just be HOME. sleeping on the couch, watching the fire, eating steak, NOT seeing much snow, playing video games with my brothers, tanning for cheap, eating spaghetti whenever i want, sleeping in... ahh... the joys of home sweet home. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment