Monday, March 28, 2011

day 34: teaching quotes!!! :)

today is Monday. my first day of full-time teaching. it was tiring, but we're headed to bed soon. :) since i don't feel like telling much, tonight will be memorable teaching quotes from observations and student teaching. :)

"What is your favorite color and why?" "Red. Because when Jesus died for me, His blood was red."

So we should call forgiveness “forgetness?”

“you should be a teacher because you'd be good at it! ...you wanna teach kindergarten!?! maybe my teacher will get fired, then you could be MY teacher!

Miss Roberts: “WOW! How did you know that!?! Did you hear me tell the other reading group about that?” Darling first grader: “Yes, Miss Roberts! I always listen to you, even when I don't have to! You're like my entertainment radio at work!”

“Miss Roberts, do you know how to change diapers?” “Yes, but what does that have to do with?” “Well, you're going to have a baby, right!?!”

(Conversation between a student and her mother): Student: “Mom, today is Miss Roberts' last day. I want to get her flowers because I really like her! I can pay for them.” Mom: “Aww, how much do you think they cost?” Student :“Two dollars?” Mom: “If you give me your two dollars, I'll make sure that Miss Roberts gets flowers. Whatever you like!”

What is the opposite of internal? Outernal???

“Are you ok?” “No! She's squishing my personal bubble!”

“Dear Jesus, please be with my sister because her hamster died. Help her just get over it. and thank you that we get to bury him in the garden.

“Miss Peters, how does it feel when you write your own name on the board?”

“Miss Peters, it's S. T. Patrick's Day!”

“God, help us have fun at the park and not go wacko with all the treat!.”

"today was a gross day!" “well, gross means nasty... is that what you mean?” “well, today wasn't nasty... it was...” “bad?" “yes. a bad day.”

“How do we know Jesus was a boy?" "Well... uhh... John 3:16 says that God sent His SON, and SON means HE, and HE means a boy..."


Jessica Campbell Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment