Tuesday, August 09, 2011

LttM: Day 2: KICKBOXING!

Years of anticipation were culminated today as I "kickboxed" for the first time. And I realized something... I don't have enough "anger" to naturally be good at it. The thing that kept me on track as I was secretly watching everyone else was three-fold: 1) I'll be able to defend myself on both the East side of Des Moines (where I currently reside) and 2) I'll be able to defend myself on the East side of STL (where I grew up) and 3) Chuck Norris seriously has NOTHIN' on me. I could roundhouse kick him so hard that he wouldn't know what hit him. Seriously.

Today was interesting. But I made my second and third new friends. Look at me. Do I know them really? No. But it's hard to socialize when every muscle is cramping and you're hallucinating about getting the beatdown by Chuck Norris. Maybe tomorrow. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment