Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lemon-Thyme Roasted Chicken

I'm not sure why exactly this came from a diabetic-friendly website, but I figured it couldn't be too bad for the average person either. I get daily recipes emailed to me, and this was one. I decided it would be worth a try, and BOY, am I glad I did!

Link
The recipe is found here and I tweaked it a little by not using fingerling potatoes (mainly because I have no idea what they are or where to find them in a grocery store!) and I used chicken tenders instead of breasts. But it turned out well, and tasted wonderful, and stayed sitting in the oven until my "family" got home.

I was SO tempted to give myself a pat on the back after using thyme in my meal tonight, then I remembered that supposedly, normal people use that stuff all the time... so here I am, joining the ranks of "normalcy." It tastes better than I had anticipated, but I'm glad I'm making strides in being a "personal chef!"

Let me know if you try it! Let me know how it goes! And for SURE, let me know if you have any "killer" (ONLY in the figurative sense of the word) recipes for me to try! :)

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment