Monday, January 30, 2012

Make a difference Monday: the beginning

A dear friend was talking to me yesterday about how much of our lives are spent doing trivial things and how much time we waste just "having fun." We wanted to make a change. But we are two girls with very busy schedules. How in the world are we supposed to initiate any change that matters? We came up with several small ways. :) K-LOVE, the Christian radio station, does Make A Difference Monday. So we challenged ourselves to make even the smallest difference. We ahve a list of things to do that will make even a small difference in someone's life.

As a reader, I want YOU to:
1. Follow my blog either by google friend connect or by email.
2. Read every Monday what our challenge is for the day.
3. Join us in our challenge!!!
4. Leave a comment with what you did and how it went.
5. Pray that these "tiny" opportunities will lead to something bigger. :)
6. Strive to make even a tiny difference on... heaven forbid... a DIFFERENT day of the week! ;)
Week one: Take a dollar bill. Or two. Or even three. Write an encouraging note on a post-it. Stick the note on the dollar bill and drop it in a public place. :) Our notes today said:
"You are worth dying for. In fact, someone already did. Romans 5:8 ... But God showed His love to us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

I have to run a few errands after school today. I'm really excited to leave my "mark" on the world in a small way. It's the least I can do since Christ gave His ALL for ALL. :)


2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Great post! What a good challenge. :)
    ~Emm

    everydayemmalee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped my dollar in the checkout line at Target after school. :) I'm excited to hear about what all my readers did!

    ReplyDelete