Friday, January 06, 2012

"high five" for Friday

Occasionally, I'm gonna post my "high five" for Friday and post five (or so) pictures from the past week, just so people can keep up! :)

1. My dad. In a lawnchair. In the back of our van. On our way to Sunday dinner. (and yes, I know those were clauses...) Those of you readers who haven't experienced my family, you know the "modified" me. This is where it all started. The ghetto. With the family to prove it. ;) LOVE IT!

2. A sunset that I enjoyed from my parent's house. The rays filled our great room and I woke from a nap just at the perfect time to breathe this view in. :)

3. My last night home was spent at Tony's... one of my favorite restaurants, simply for their pepperloin steak. I'm a meat and potatoes girl at heart!!! My loving parents even dressed up for the occasion!
4. The sun setting on my drive back to KC. I don't know who thought that driving off into the sunset was that great! It's actually kind of a pain, BUT there's just something about a Midwest sunset sky...

5.First day back at school and the high schoolers are already making me feel welcome! When they told me they missed picking on me, I didn't realize how soon they would get back to it! Tape all over my door handles and not much space to maneuver... BUT I made it. :) And their payback is coming... someday... (or so I'd like them to worry about...)

6. Enjoying a Friday morning cup of chai. :) "Teachers are a gift, they touch our hearts forever."

Life is good. :) Some things just can't be put into pictures, but it's amazing how plenteous God's blessings are and how unexpected they come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment