Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 46: two weeks and two days left...

Every morning, the sun rises. Every night it sets. Several of those in-between times seem to be fairly the same, and today was no exception. I was able to administer standardized tests for my third and fourth graders. I now know why the teachers always did the SAME thing every year. It's easier, and it's required.

The other morning, during church, as I tried to catch words here and there, but only managed to get “heart,” “little,” and... “mel gibson” I decided my time would be wisely spent reading through romans. I love that book. It's always an encouraging reminder that i am free. Nothing less than completely free. I got to thinking... believers are freed by the only One who can truly give freedom. It's like being in jail and having bond set so high that NO ONE you know can pay it. You're sitting there day after day, HATING jail. Then one day, bill gates (loosely compared...) comes in and pays my bond. I'm free. Nothing is keeping me in jail. NOTHING. But instead, I choose to stat there, hating it, but choosing to enjoy that rather than freedom. Do I tell the other inmates that he has offered to pay their price too? Do I leave and take my freedom and never share with those who are trapped? Or do I share the great freedom I have with them, but choose to live my life as a free person.

The One who had the capability to free me. Why? He loved me. He paid the price for me. And I have the chance daily to live life in Christ because I am free. Do I share that freedom with those who still need it? Do I live like i'm free? Or do I visit my jail cell and sit in bondage?

My Savior paid my price. Praise His name.
 
I'm giving my life to the only One who makes the moon reflect the sun. Every starry night, that was His design. I'm giving my life to the only Son, who was and is and yet to come. Let His praises ring, cause He is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment