Friday, February 25, 2011

day three...

this morning was another lazy morning. Krisanna and I woke up and got ready at our leisure and ate lunch before we headed off to school. We're still recovering from jet lag and stuff, but it's getting better! Last night, I skyped with my mom and brother for about 10 minutes, but I was exhausted, so that was short lived :/ but hopefully i'll get to talk to them again soon! At school today, I got to work on a puzzle with the kids :) THAT was fun :) I found out that one of my students is from Ohio :)

Today I got to wear a knee length skirt and flip flops :) I LOVE the weather here! Right now, it's 66 degrees, sunny, and breezy :) PERFECT weather!

Our evening plans consist of grocery shopping, heading to a cafe, people watching at starbucks, and shopping!!!!!!!!!!! :) I have so much to learn and see! :)

i just got back from the mall, finished watching... NCIS :) and i completed part one of my dreaded ePortfolio. the mall was way fun! however, finding a purse wasn't as easy as it sounds. in the states, i find about 20 i wanna buy, but here, i find one really really cute one... that's highly overpriced... :/ but maybe another day. until then, i'll clutch my clutch as i parade around in oblivion. :)
i successfully ordered my own starbucks drink tonight. :) and i learned, and might just remember, "thank you" :) tonight at mcdonalds (so what, i ate american food... it was fantastic!), i wanted no ice, but since laura helped me order (more so ordered for me) and she didn't know how to say "ice." she went on ordering in Portuguese and at the end of the order, the kind gentleman said "no ice, right?" and laura and i laughed. he spoke very clear english, but kindly listened to us try to order in Portuguese. :)

Krisanna and I took our own trip around the grocery store and bought our own groceries. i, like the "tourist" i am, had my camera out almost the whole time taking pictures of...

squid...


octopus...


dried cod... (Krisanna's favorite!)

  
and... the yogurt aisle... :/



we've had a great day exploring on our own... :) and learning more Portuguese :) well, i have anyway... 

tomorrow brings a trip downtown, a visit to a CASTLE, more bakeries, dinner with friends,  and lots of pictures!!!



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you chose to people watch at Starbucks... and not other places lol. I think you know what I mean ;)

    ReplyDelete