Sunday, February 27, 2011

day five: salt, traffic, nail polish, and dominoes...

today began with a trip to church. and i don't speak Portuguese at all. Sunday school was good. i understood a few things. i was able to follow along with the power-point and catch a few things. by the end of church i could almost tell what passage to turn to. :) i got a salt shaker in church this morning as a reminder to be salt to the world. and i had to stand up since it was my first time in church... but i didn't know i was asked to stand... so someone tapped me on the shoulder and told me what to do :) that was fun! and before church, we had snacks and one of the girl in my class helped me pick out baked goods... since i wasn't quite sure what was what. when i picked out a chocolate swirl bread, she commented "oh that's right, all teachers like chocolate!" 

after church, Krisanna and i went out to lunch with the Voelkers at the mall. :) after lunch, we went to Erin and Laura's and embarked on a roadtrip to... the ocean... :) it was a fairly long drive with awesome traffic, so i took a little nap! we saw some other American tourists, but they all just happened to be elderly and in a bus. it was hilarious! and they didn't realize we spoke English. :)

after an entertaining car ride back, Krisanna and I chilled out at the apartment and Skyped friends and family. :) today seemed more exciting in my head than it did in this post, but just know that i love it here and am having the time of my life...

oh... and i got to open a letter from my love today. :) he wrote a bunch and sent them to me before i left. they all had dates on them, and one was for TODAY! :)

tomorrow begins our first full week of school, so early to bed tonight! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment